It’s the time of the season, pals!
1. Time to paint those boring winter walls! Neutral tones are simply great, but add in some of the cool blues and greens that are making a declaration this Spring. Pastels and Ultra Brights are the spring and summer season pattern for this year.
2. Clear the clutter! Time for spring cleaning. Get to those scary areas (under the bed, closets, storage) and get rid of all that old junk that you don’t require. A great viewpoint to follow is ‘The things you genuinely need will concern you’. When you come throughout that shoebox of old ornaments that you would probably be too embarrassed to put on screen anyway, this will reassure you.
3. Splurge on some brand-new artwork. Whether it’s a light-hearted oil painting, a sleek sculpture, or a Monet piece you’ve been considering for a year, reinvent your area!
4. New accessories! Reframe your photos with more intriguing casings. The heavy woods and metals are out for the spring. Alter that china vase, attempt blown glass, recycled glass cobalt, or topaz! There is a range of colors and shapes to pick from. Toss pillows can bring any color into your room or out of your artwork.
Lighter fabrics such as satin, chiffon, hand painted or dyed silks, are all in this spring. The colors are zesty and the appearance is fresh!
6. New rugs can change the whole look of your area! Move away from the heavy conventional patterns and textures and look for stripes, polka dots, and Kandinsky-esque styles.
7. Love your furnishings but looking for a change? Slipcovers are still the method to go! Solids are constantly safe, but if you want to branch off, a great deal of the light-colored damasks are coming back in. Again, if you want to be fashionable, go with blues and greens– light to intense colors. Simply be innovative with it if you know your taste!
8. Alter out a few of your side tables with lighter colored woods or glass tops if you can manage to swing it. If not, cover up the winter season tabletops with some light-colored placemats or headscarf. Work with what you’ve got, it draws out your most creative self!
9. Change your dishware for the season! Usage enjoyable, bright colors and chic designs on pottery or glass. Tangerines, ocean tones, hot pinks, and purples! Check out Issac Mizrahi’s line.
10. If absolutely nothing else, open your space and include a splash of color with fresh flowers. They are at their best now and the colors are the motivation for contemporary color patterns. House plants and foliage of any kind (even if it’s faux) are a should in your spring space!
Spring-summer 2006 is the time for reinventing and refreshing! Happy Spring!
Solids are constantly safe, however, if you want to branch out, a lot of the light-colored damasks are coming back in. If you can manage to swing it, alter out a few of your side tables with lighter colored woods or glass tops. Use enjoyable, bright colors and chic styles on pottery or glass. If nothing else, open up your area and include a splash of color with fresh flowers. They are at their best now and the colors are the motivation for modern-day color trends.